Questions? Please Call Us!
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm (CST)
US & Canada Toll Free:
Costa Rica Office Hours:
7:00am - 10:00pm (CST)
Costa Rica: 506-2777-0580
Check in: 3:00pm
Check out: 11:00am
Getting to Buena Vista Luxury Villas
Travel Directions to Manuel Antonio
To visit our Costa Rica beach resort you will need to fly into San Jose, Costa Rica. From there you have many options we can arrange transportation anywhere within country whether you want to fly or use ground transportation. We also realize that many guests will need to stay a night in San Jose upon landing in, or leaving Costa Rica, let us help you here. If you are interested in other destinations in Costa Rica click here.
At any point you can simply speak to us at 866-569-6241 sometime a conversation is just easier!
- Commercial Flights: There are commercial flights between San Jose to Quepos and they are approximately a 25-minute flight. Flights can be booked directly at Sansa Airlines or Nature Air. Buena Vista/Tulemar staff can arrange for ground transportation from the Quepos airport to our luxurious Manuel Antonio villas, approximately a 10-15 minute drive. The cost for this transportation is $20 for 1 – 4 people, $5 for each additional person.
- Private Charters: Private charters are available from San Jose to Quepos; please contact Buena Vista Luxury Villas/Tulemar for current pricing and assistance.
- Renting a vehicle: Rental cars are available at the San Jose airport. If you choose to drive, the Buena Vista reservations department can arrange reservations for this as well. Please note that if you are not familiar with the roads in Costa Rica, self-driving to Manuel Antonio may take 3+ hours. Our address is Buena Vista Luxury Villas at Tulemar Gardens, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica.
- Private Ground Transportation: Buena Vista staff can set up a private driver for your to/from San Jose. The one way trip is $225 for up to 7 people, please contact us at email@example.com to set up this service or information for larger groups.
- International Connections: If your international connections require that you spend a night in San Jose before reaching our scenic Costa Rica beach resort, Buena Vista’s staff is happy to arrange hotel reservations either in downtown San Jose or at the airport if you have an early morning flight to Quepos or an international destination.
HIGHWAY/SURFACE ROADS (about 2 ½ – 3 hours):
Upon exiting the main terminal of Juan Santa Maria International Airport, take a left. Continue past the gas station and take your second right. Stay on this road for about one mile until you reach a small bridge, followed almost immediately by an intersection. At this intersection take a left and continue on this road until you reach another intersection with signs indicating COYOL to your right and GUACIMA to your left. Veer left towards GUACIMA and turn right at the first road you see following a new sign for TURRUCARES. Continue on this road for approximately two miles until you reach a turnabout leading towards the highway. Follow the signs to OROTINA AND ATENAS. Once you’ve arrived in OROTINA follow the signs to JACO (about an hour’s drive). You will pass the TARCOLES RIVER and CARARA PARK (where you can stop to observe the river’s resident crocodiles). When you reach JACO stay on the main road (do not turn off into the village) and continue straight into PARRITA, the last major town you will see before reaching QUEPOS (about ½ hour drive).
Once you arrive in “downtown” QUEPOS, turn left past the small park and drive up the mountain road towards MANUEL ANTONIO NATIONAL PARK. You simply cannot get lost here as this is the only street leading towards the beach area. You will not continue all the way to the park, but rather make a right at the point where the hill starts descending (Pacifico Colonial will be on your right and Victorias Restaurant on your left.) At the turn you will see a large wall sign for Condominios Tulemar. You have arrived in paradise. Welcome!
SCENIC ROUTE THROUGH ATENAS (about 3 ½ hours):
When departing Juan Santamaria International Airport, follow the signs heading north-west on the Pan-American Highway. After several miles you will come upon a si gn for ATENAS-OROTINA-JACO Take a left and follow the scenic mountain road. Once you hit OROTINA follow the signs to JACO (about an hour and ½ drive). You will pass the TARCOLES RIVER and CARARA PARK (where you can stop to observe the river’s resident crocodiles). When you reach JACO stay on the main road (do not exit into the village) and continue straight into PARRITA, the last major town before arriving in QUEPOS (about ½ hour drive).
From “downtown” QUEPOS, turn left past the small park and drive up the hill towards MANUEL ANTONIO NATIONAL PARK. You simply cannot get lost as this is the only road from Quepos to Manuel Antonio! You will NOT continue all the way to the park,You will not continue all the way to the park, but rather make a right at the point where the hill starts descending (Pacifico Colonial will be on your right and Victorias Restaurant on your left.) At the turn you will see a large wall sign for Condominios Tulemar. You have arrived in paradise. Welcome!
GPS Coordinates: Latitude 9.408 y Length-84.158
View Buena Vista Luxury Villas Location in a larger map
View Buena Vista Luxury Villas in a larger map